With Llandysul being situated in Ceredigion, but also close to Carmarthenshire and northern Pembrokeshire, there is always an event or two happening where you can be guaranteed a chance to practise your Welsh.
Here are some of the highlights for September 2015:
- Saturday 5th – Llandysul and district Agricultural Show (with Bryn Fôn performing in the evening!)
- Thursday 11th to Saturday 12th – Gŵyl Golwg in Lampeter
- Friday 11th – Elis James, Welsh stand-up comedian performing in Theatr Felinfach
- Friday 11th & Saturday 12th – Eisteddfod Gadeirol Tregaron, Neuadd Goffa, Tregaron
- Sunday 20th – Celtic longboat regatta, Llangrannog
- Friday 25th – Linda Griffiths, folk singer previously with Plethyn, Theatr Felinfach
- Friday 25th – Carol Parry-Jones & the 405s, Neuadd y Dderwen, Rhosygilwen
Of course, there are also walks in the area with groups such as Cerddwyr Dyffryn Teifi, who walk for a couple of hours on the second Saturday of the month between October and June, and all the conversation is in Welsh.
There are also places such as the National Wool Museum where staff speak Welsh and you can relax in the café if the weather should discourage walking!